21 September 2007

the pain of the waterdeutsche

So I realize I haven't written anything substantial in awhile...while Radha's writing about love and gratitude and Robb is meeting famousish people and Colin is dissing the Brewers, I've been living this crazy busy life of hanging with 2 high-energy 10 year-olds, buying a house, working way too many hours, and everything else in between. I thought when we graduated life was supposed to mellow out, not become more insane.

Then in the middle of it I had all this gloriousness that ended as quickly as it started, I got a really unsettling phone call from one of my managers at work, I inadequately took care of a mom whose baby died at 23 hours old, and I'm dealing, on a daily basis, with pre-teen angst. Where the hell is the owner's manual to all this stuff?

Sigh. Sometimes I wish I did drugs. Although, alcohol has been fun this past week, and if anyone wants to get together and drink, let me know.

The Blog Log (thankfully, I have some things to look forward to)
:

How many days til we close on the house: 3
How many days til we can start moving: 4
How many days til I leave for Florida: 7
How many days til the Springsteen concert: 30
How many of my twins might be extras in a movie that Radha's brother is making: 2
Number of times I will ever get involved with anyone who is a water sign ever again: 0 (this doesn't apply to Colin)
What the magic 8 ball says about the Brewers winning and the Cubs losing: It is decidedly so
On a scale of 0 to 10 with 0 being nada and 10 being mucho, how much love sucks: about a 12

10 Comments:

Blogger Robb said...

Colin isn't the only water sign around here. Harumph.

21 September, 2007 18:06  
Blogger jill said...

you're not a water sign. you're a fire sign in a water sign suit.

21 September, 2007 20:06  
Blogger Shenoa said...

i am a sign that says, "will work for beer."

21 September, 2007 20:36  
Blogger jill said...

geminis are fine. geminis with beer are better.

21 September, 2007 20:52  
Blogger Radha said...

I'm feeling a need for a happy hour soon. Perhaps on Jill's back porch in a few weeks? If not (because we need it to be kidless so Jill can really let her hair down?) then it'll have to be on my back porch. We'll have to set up a web-cam for Robb of course... :)

22 September, 2007 19:19  
Blogger jill said...

i love you radha. it was so good to see you today, you have no idea.

yes, happy hour any time. and that web cam thing could be so fun.

22 September, 2007 20:37  
Blogger Col said...

the magic eight ball is wrong. 2.5 games back wrong, to be precise.

22 September, 2007 21:49  
Blogger jill said...

but it's not over yet. you know the magic 8 ball is never wrong.

23 September, 2007 00:01  
Blogger Shenoa said...

happy hour. I'm for it. It will probably have to be after Jill gets back from Vacation, right???

24 September, 2007 11:00  
Blogger Cindy D. said...

{{{{hugs}}} about the mom / baby. Good luck on the house closing. Have a safe trip to FL.

24 September, 2007 15:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home