21 August 2007

i'd like to take a moment to thank my friends...

Ok, so I've had an overload (not in a bad way at all) of friend time the past few days and I have to acknowledge, even when I think I'm out there on a limb by myself clinging to a branch made of shit that's unraveling and subsequently ready to crumble and it's like windy and raining and a tornado is about to hit even in New Mexico where besides the monsoons and the occasional snowstorm, we have no real weather, that I have fucking awesome friends.

And not the kind of friends that you have in high school (and sometimes later) where the only way you know you've fallen out is because they stop speaking to you, delete your phone number from their celly, or remove you from their top 8 friends on MySpace. Nuh uh. These are different friends.

(Oh...and as a side note...speaking of MySpace, what I'm enjoying most on there is not searching for old high school friends (cuz see above) but updating my mood emoticon. I've gone from curious to pensive to hopeful to peaceful to satisfied to cynical in like 4 days. That's the Sagittarius in me, I guess, and I figure I should embrace that or I'd just be bored all the time and then I'd never have the opportunity to change my mood anyway.)

Regardless... spending time with Mick yesterday looking for (and finding) a(nother) fabulous house began my unplanned therapy session. I love you, too, and I love that house, and I will think good thoughts about it even though at the moment I'm trying not to get too attached to anything. And Mick and I always have fun on our outings and do things like play with Barbie dolls and horses. Dinner last night with Radha was fantastic (you're fine, I promise) followed by my morning with Meg (although she had to endure my psychoses status post (and during, actually) phone conversations and email exchanges with he who shall remain nameless). An impromptu coffee date with Thais, who is actually just as fucked up as I am at the moment (I love you, and I say that lovingly, you know...) rounded it all up. And that was all after spending part of yesterday with a somewhat new-ish friend who is, in my opinion, just pretty damn awesome.

And now I'm looking forward to catching up with Colin. What more could I ask for today? Not much.

Thanks, all of you. Now...if only my heart rate would return to a respectable level from the 500 or so (give or take a few) that it's been since last Wednesday night and if I could actually sleep, everything would be perfect. Alas, one cannot ask for everything. So I'll just be happy with what I got.

Quote of the day: "It's not like I make out with any of my other guy friends." ---Thais....

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

H eheh.. You are so funny! I love that mood status thing too. No matter what kind of Tsunami (spell?) hits, you will always have me and many more fellow awesome peeps. I'll always have good coffee too;) Kepp on truk'n, you are loved.

21 August, 2007 15:12  
Blogger jill said...

thank god my life has been megged. (how bout that? i can verb you, too.)

21 August, 2007 15:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are surrounded by such loving people:) Are those dolls in the pic having sex on a horse?

Gina

21 August, 2007 15:52  
Blogger jill said...

well on wednesday nights, i'm surrounded by you, so...

yes, that is 2 barbies and a ken on a horse. is that wrong?

21 August, 2007 16:37  
Blogger Cindy D. said...

We have a nekkid GI Joe who is always gettin' it on with Tour Guide Barbie in our house.

22 August, 2007 05:17  
Blogger Radha said...

It's not wrong, but it IS dangerous. I bet they're drinking while they're doing that too. If so, they're likely to end up patients on 4 south if they keep that kind of behavior up.

Horses, cars, guns, motorcycles, alcohol. In any combination, they guarantee me job security.

22 August, 2007 11:23  
Blogger jill said...

cindy...that is so cool. i'm glad you encourage that behavior among the toys in your household.

radha...like being a patient on your floor would be a hardship. y'all have some hot nurses.

22 August, 2007 12:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, does your comment mean that I am one of those loving people, or that you think I am an a-hole?

I don't think it is wrong for the dolls to be gettin' it on. When I was 7 I used to make Barbie and Ken do the nasty. Once, my older sister caught me and threatened to tell my mom. I said, "They weren't having sex, look, Ken still has his shorts on." She replied, "Yeah, but they are around his ankles.

Gina

22 August, 2007 13:12  
Blogger jill said...

noooo...i don't spend wednesday nights with assholes.

rock on with all the barbie and ken sex. i think it's just dirty cuz of the damn horse.

22 August, 2007 13:45  
Blogger Cindy D. said...

You know all those times Ken and Barbie had sex, she never once got pregnant. Of course we all know why -- Ken came in a box.

***blush***

(someone else told me that joke.)

22 August, 2007 15:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...it always comes back to the box jokes;) nicely done!

23 August, 2007 11:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home