24 March 2006

"check out my blog..."

Someone said my words are out of balance
Nothing to say, you've got nothing to say
Dying words I bury every day
Nothing to say, I've got nothing to say


Today it took 30 minutes to move my patient from a bed to a chair, and I had to give him 10 mg of oxycodone before and 4 mg of morphine after. Please, no matter how pissed off you are at someone, do not throw hot oil on them. This man has such a long road to recovery....

So I read this kid's blog (he's 12)...no I'm not stalking pre-teens, I knew his mom awhile back. Anyway, here's an excerpt from a post where he's talking about having a falling out with his best friend:

the only thing he said to me all day was "zealots at large".

I knew what he meant right away, it meant "check out my blog" because the address to his blog is zealotsatlarge.blog.com

Which made me think...I actually find myself saying this to people. Here are some actual conversations I've had:

Someone: Hey, how was your day?
Me: Well have you read my blog?

Someone else: How are clinicals?
Me: Don't you read my blog?

Another someone: How were the kids tonight?
Me: You should read my blog.

Another someone else: Why won't you respond to my fucking emails?
Me: I blogged you the other day. Have you read my blog?

Even another someone else: You never called me back.
Me: Yes, but I posted a comment to your blog.

Last but not least someone else: I have no idea what you're talking about.
Me: Ok, fine...I'll try to explain it to you in my blog.

Think of all the things you could do through a blog...deliver messages, tell people how you feel about them. You could even break up with someone on a blog. Technically, it's not interactive; the reader is at the mercy of the what blogger writes. If they can comment, cool...but they better cross their fingers and pray their comments even get published. There is power in blogging that I never even really thought about it. Hmmm.

This week I got an email with some very important news in it. Pissed me off that it came to me in an email. Now...if email is your only mode of communication, that's one thing...but I'm fairly certain this emailer remembers my phone number and where I live and work. Anyway, I guess to spare everyone's feelings (and so that you can all still hang out with me on a regular basis) I will refrain from using my blog as a personal messaging and calendar system.

Nevermind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home