28 October 2007

passing the time

Thank god I got a real job and moved and am no longer a channel-challenged nursing student. We, overnight, increased our channels by 2600%. No lie (Hannah even just confirmed that with her calculator). Anyway, I haven't been home much except to sleep in the past few weeks with vacationing and working and all, but last night I couldn't sleep and found myself curled up on my new couch thinking I'd find some chick flick or something to take my mind off my crappy week and what did I end up stuck on?

Jackass.

I will admit that I remember when MTV just played videos (I actually saw the very first video ever, "Video Killed the Radio Star," when MTV premiered). And everyone is bitching (including Justin Timberlake who apparently wants to start his own MTV-type ripoff channel so he can just play videos) about MTV not playing videos anymore and only having series and specials and stuff. But come on...I'd pick Jackass any day over watching Gwen Stefani or J Lo or Shakira dance on a pole or grind on a guy and sing a song I've heard on the radio 4,000 times at work the night before.

Check it out...I lasted 3 episodes and haven't laughed that hard in weeks. Just don't try it at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home