16 November 2007

getting by

Your pride has built a wall, so strong
That I can't get through
Is there really no chance
To start once again
I'm loving you


Yeah, yeah. Life's ok right now except that my favorite at-work radio station has begun playing only Christmas songs and it's only November 15th. They could at least let us get through turkey and stuffing and trying to figure out what we're thankful for before we're subjected to bells and holly and jolly and shit.

I had parent-teacher conferences this week which is always scary cuz it reminds me of getting called into the principal's office (or the boss' office), but apparently my children are model 5th graders and their stellar grades and behavior make me want to get one of those bumper stickers that says "my kid is monumentally cooler than your honor student." I'll resist, but celebrations are in order. Thank god I'm doing something right...

I hope everyone's getting by. Well, almost everyone. I don't think anyone should be getting by (or happier) without me (unless you've blogged mean things about me or we've had a falling out or something). But, no way are you happier without me.

How many days til Thanksgiving: 6
How many days til Hanukah: 19
How many days til my birthday: 26
How many days til Meg's birthday: 27
How many days til the band concert: 32
How many days til my hot New Year's Eve date: 45
How many days til my next Springsteen concert: 122
Number of strong drinks I need to consume to sing like an 80s hairband uber rocker: like 40
Most ridiculous overheard kid conversation I just heard: "Zack, you want to come jump on the trampoline with me?" "No Kaela, I'm folding laundry. And here, I have some clothes for you."

That can't really be MY kid...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do everything so completely stellar and your kids, awesome lil cool buds they are, are a reflection of their mom! To anyone without you in their life, THEIR LOSS!... Ha! My gain- suckas! Good things are sprouting up around you as I write- good things are just attracted to amazing people! Love you, proud of you, you are beautiful in every best way;)

16 November, 2007 16:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course your kids are awesome; how could they not be with probably one of THE coolest moms ever.

shameless compliment aside: i am forlorn without a jill coffee date. :*(

17 November, 2007 01:20  
Blogger jill said...

you're so sweet meg...thank you. but can't you just shoot me or something and put me out of my notgettingby-ness at least for awhile?

and catherine...myspace me your work schedule for the next couple weeks...i'm on days til 12/2!

17 November, 2007 02:13  
Blogger Radha said...

Make no mistake, you ARE getting by. You're just not getting by with ease. Struggle through. Better things are on the other side. The further away you get from the people who (purposefully or inadvertently) cause you pain, the closer you get to a happier life.

This is worth it, I swear.

Miss you terribly.

17 November, 2007 17:18  
Blogger jill said...

purposefully might be the key word in that sentence. perhaps instead of dwelling on the reasons i sadly miss him, i should make a list of the things he does to hurt me.

i'll start working on that.

17 November, 2007 22:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home