25 March 2006

accomplishment...

Born at the instant
The church bells chime
And the whole world whispering
Born at the right time


I'm getting this shit done. 2 functional health histories, my reflective thinking exercise, my 505 shit for the week, and all my online quizzes due tomorrow. All I need is my laptop and some coffee and Katie sitting here with me saying (in between blowing her nose), "Yes, you're doing it right, just shut the fuck up and post it already" to feel ok. Now if only I could bring the troops back from Iraq, I'd be really psyched.

My best friend since I was 5 is pregnant with her 3rd kid. Now that's an accomplishment...dealing with 3 kids under 6 is way harder than what I do every day. Lis...you better go to temple and pray those kids don't do the shit we did growing up, or you're gonna have a full head of gray and margarita-stained carpets before you're 40. Oh...and like I said on the phone earlier, have another boy. Stay away from girls. Congrats...I love and miss you. And I'll see your pregnant belly in July.

Quote of the day:"How is it possible that I'm doing so well in this graduate class with such a minimal amount of effort? That's messed up." ahhhhh...you took the words right out of my mouth.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok...congrats...but here's 2 things....
being born is the first thing n a long line of things we have no control over

second....success comes to those who can create their own shot....

25 March, 2006 17:55  
Blogger jill said...

not having control throws off balance and order u know

kt...what were all those shots at the nitty gritty? the bloody brain? the blowjob? we could create our own shot, right?

25 March, 2006 20:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Control is an illusion your brain creates to subdue your senses into a state of acceptance. Nothing is controlable. Driving. Health. Relationships. Life. Death. All are things that we assume we have some input and therefore influence over but this is just a nessasar lie that we need in order not to sucumb to the hoar of our very exstance. One minute your driving up a mountain road in total control of the car and the next flying off a cliff and smashing into a tree at 50 mph. You thought you were in control and that you were fine, but as you scramble through broken glass and air bags you realise the only person in control of the trip was Newton and his apple and that your whole sense of well being was false. Or take that meaningfull relationship you've had for 2 years with someone you thought you knew, You were in control of your life, of your destiny. You were ging to be happy and content and had found that other half untill you wake up one day and that person you thought you knew isn't there anymore and instead there is a distrussful shadow of their former self. Or that low fat/ high fiber that you combined with execise three times a week to control your high blood pressure, and then you get a nose bleed that won't stop and 48 hours latter the nurse is pumping posion into your veins t kill the cancer that has infected you. Control is thought be everywhere and yet it is no where.

26 March, 2006 13:09  
Blogger jill said...

but you have control over where you are. why aren't you at the coffee shop studying with us?

26 March, 2006 13:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am but you can't see me. Actually, i'm at a different coffee shop reading the same things you are, listening to the same music, overhearing the same comments, drinking the same coffee. If I just close my eyes and imagine your voices, I will open them and you will be there.

26 March, 2006 14:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home