27 November 2007

let it bee

Ok, so I'd like to take a moment to commend my daughter who made the school-wide spelling bee. Every year since first grade she's either come in 3rd or been an alternate, but not this year, nope.

(I'd also like to thank 2 of my BFFs who took the news really well that the spelling bee happens to fall smack dab in the middle of their graduation ceremony, and were totally cool with the fact that I needed to change my plans.)

So much to look forward to...

Days til Hanukah: 7
Days til my birthday: 15
Days til Meg's birthday: 16
Days til the spelling bee: 17
Days til the band concert: 21
Days til New Years Eve: 34
Days til my next Springsteen concert: who the fuck knows, as Sylvia Buchman (aka my mother) refuses to sit anywhere but in 4 sections totally close to the stage as long as they're below row J...yeah, right, I'll just snap my fingers and make that happen (but Zack has proposed that we drive to Dallas, and I'm not completely opposed...)

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy D. said...

WTG about the spelling bee - let us know how it turns out!

And a road-trip for a concert sounds like a great time - I think you should follow Z's suggestion.

28 November, 2007 06:02  
Blogger Radha said...

I vote for driving to Dallas with the kidlets. You deserve to treat yourself right now (and forever in the future).

Days until Radha gets back from Rome: 18

I already miss you too.

28 November, 2007 08:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool! And I was thinking, "these kids are too young for spelling bees", but then I remembered the city bee in Roswell is grades 5 to 8. Ask me how I know. That's right, city champ in the 7th grade, 2nd place in 8th (the shame - no repeat...).

Anyway, good luck to Michaela!

28 November, 2007 11:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home