29 November 2007

just torturing myself a little...

Los ninos and I checked out the newly opened New York Deli (just around the corner from our new casa) for dinner tonight. It was fun...I've never been to NYC so I have no idea how it compares, but I've frequented Jewish delis in Detroit, so I'm not a total virgin. There were tons of pictures of the Manhattan skyline, the Brooklyn Bridge, the World Trade Center from like 17,000 different angles, and the New York Yankees. All Kaela talked about was how she dreams about the Empire State Building al the time and how she can't wait to move there, and Zack just sat and begged to go on a big apple vacation. I'm not sure hot pastrami on rye and kosher dills is worth listening to the 10 year-olds jones for NYC (especially given my New York state of going out of my mind recently), but maybe we could move there and open a red or green New Mexican joint off of Wall Street or something...

Hey Meg, maybe that could be your new business venture, and then you could go live in Chelsea, shop on Fifth Avenue, and go see musicals on Broadway like 3 times a week. (Maybe we should make that part of the 10-year plan?)

Quote of last night: "I went out on a date with someone I met on Myspace. How 14 is THAT?" ---Meg...true my little teenage wannabe, but may I point out that at least you find people, on Myspace or not, you're interested in dating?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

baltimore also has some awesome jewish delis. shan and i visited our friend jessica there and one place had a sandwich called a new york sub that was the best sandwich i've ever had. good knishes too.

anyway, when jessica made plans to come visit us i asked her if she could pick me up a new york sub. she did, and picked up some knishes as well.

on the way to visit us, jessica stopped to visit her sister in virginia, who was enraged that jessica was bringing me a jewish deli sandwich without asking her if she wanted anything from the deli. jessica offered her a potato knish to mollify her, and her sister cried, "i don't want your pity knish!"

"pity knish" is now one of my and shan's favorite phrases.

29 November, 2007 21:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home